Monday 18 May 2015

Introducing "Chuck"

2001 Nouveaux Blocs de Patchwork
by Chuck Nohara

affectionately known as

"Chuck"


Something new and a little different has been slowly coming to life in my sewing space.
It all started with some intriguing little blocks appearing on Instagram and then a very casual Quilt Along started.  Before I knew it resistance was futile and the book was ordered.


I had also been in Anna Maria Horner's "A Monthly Gathering Club" for three months so decided that I should put these fabrics to good use and make my "Chuck" using only AMH fabrics and some solids.   This book is also a little different. the blocks are just pictures. You pick your own method of construction and your own size!  In the picture above you can see the original size of most of the blocks. You then increase the size to what you choose to work with. I've chosen 5" finished but there is nothing stopping you from making them much bigger.  So far I am not regretting my size.

 

 




  









These are the blocks that I have made so far.

If you would like to see more blocks pop on over to Instagram and search
#chucknohara and #chucknoharaQAL
Mine are all hashtaged #lilabellelaneAMHchucknohara

Addictive little blocks they are.

Until next time,
hugs Sharon



9 comments :

  1. Haven't seen you for a while. These blocks are amazing... Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks :-)
    I do have the book, so if you could send me some extra days to use every week.......... So many wonderful quilts to make - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks!! You need to do a little tutorial on how you made these! It would take more than a picture of a block for me..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very different blocks there, Sharon. You're certainly keeping yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun project...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite so far is the cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stumbled into your blog from a pic of your la passacaglia quilt (wow). I am curious where you get your fabrics? They are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do look addictive! So cute! I hadn't heard of this quilt. I stumbled here from the la passacaglia quilt too. So many beautiful quilts I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been making Chuck Nohara blocks. I love yours with their fabulous and colorful prints. Mine are in more subdued shades of soft peach, butter, aqua and mint. I began with the Stonefields quilt but found the blocks rather boring and repetitive. I had Chucks book and began to adapt hers. I have made about 30 six inch blocks so far. These blocks are so fun to make and so imaginative. Have you made more blocks? I checked the instagram sites.
    Your La Passacaglia quilt is wonderful. It looks like that is where your interest flowed and you have done a magnificent job.
    You can see my version of Chuck's blocks at pamspaintbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx