Sunday 29 March 2015

Swooning over Ruby

"Ruby Swooning"

I'm adopting a new approach to the fabric I LOVE.
Use it!  Sometimes easier said than done but look.


My prized Ruby Fat Quarter Bundle. The ribbon came off and the iron was at the ready.


That was the easy bit. The hard bit was making that first cut.


But then it all became easier.

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

I have teamed the Ruby up with some Black Yarn Dyed Essex Linen.


I got to this stage and ran out of the Linen.
I have ordered more and it is here but I am not a big fan of long straight seams so its stalled here.


I think that I really need to be adding the final borders so I can send it out to be quilted, 
then I can snuggle up under it.  
In this photo above its about 96" square. Yep a big one!

And, I don't regret cutting into the FQ Bundle. I honestly think it looks much better like this.

hugs Sharon xx






15 comments :

  1. Oh and so much better displayed on the bed then in the bundle..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous and I really understand about cutting into the "special" fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is beautiful, Sharon. I know what you mean about that first cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much cosier as a quilt too! Love it with the dark linen, so different to the usual white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much nicer all cut up and on your bed Sharon, but I totally get you with that first cut moment! :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful quilt Sharon Regards Ofaigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! Cutting that ribbon off the fat quarter bundles is the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Really love the dark grey with the pretty Ruby fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunnng! Yes how hard is it to cut into that favourite Fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. But it looks so much better made into a quilt....and you can fondle it every time you use it! Lol ou have motivated me to try different backgrounds....other than white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that is stunning,like Anita I think the background is great,not something I would naturally go for,but might think differently in the future.The Swoon is one of my favourite patterns.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment as I know your time is valuable. hugs xx